Sunday, May 04, 2008

First Sunday of May

Temperatures in the 80s and partly cloudy. Just finished watching a baseball game on TV. I have been looking for some fun activities for my science classes for this coming week online. Spring time has always been a difficult time to keep students on task.

I have a lab activity that is based on Wisconsin Fast-Grow plants. I am just not sure my students will enjoy this. The activity starts with students observing germination and characteristics of seeds. Monday will be a great time to start this project. It is important that my students learn how to setup a controlled experiment. They have no idea what is meant by terms like dependent-independent variable, control group-experimental group. So, I plan to have them use this activity to learn by doing.

No comments: