Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sunday Reflection Time

While everyone is asleep here in the my home, I am trying to think about how many times I missed up this past week. My students are entering their last grading period for this school year. Science class with my middle schoolers has been a challenge. I now have the largest number of students in one class that I have ever seen in four years at our alternative school. Every class is extremely difficult. I have two students with technicians. The technicians job is to help monitor the student's personal behavior. My room is very small and with all the other students, the addition of two adults makes my room wall-to-wall students. I understand I will be getting another student this coming week. The thoughts of getting one more added to this class is horrifying at best. I am not sure how I am going to survive this last six weeks.

I have always considered myself as a creative problem solver. I have my work cut out for me. Looking at the diverse nature of these challenged learners, I have not idea which way to head. We have been learning about light and sound. I think I need to pick a theme in science that I have enough hands-on materials to use. I have more students now that I have computers, so I am not really excited about using them. Maybe I need to set up a schedule for students to work on computers, while others work on activities. I have not tried that. Not sure how to manage it.

I could have the students create a movie about sound and light.

Let's work on that idea.

No comments: