Thursday, May 12, 2005

Open source software for Windows - The Unofficial Microsoft Weblog

Teachers love FREE stuff. I found this on DIGG and thought it was worth remembering so I included it in my blog.
Open source software for Windows - The Unofficial Microsoft Weblog - microsoft.weblogsinc.com _: "Open source software for Windows

Posted May 2, 2005, 9:08 AM ET by Scott Granneman
"One thing that people tend to forget is that open source isn't just about Linux. Apple uses open source stuff in
its products - like it's kernel & web browser for instance - and even MSFT has released a couple of things as open
source (and I'm not talking about their shared source license, which doesn't even deserve consideration). In
addition, there's actually a lot of great open source software that runs on Windows. When I use XP, for instance, I
don't use IE; I use Firefox. I don't use Outlook or Outlook Express; I use
Thunderbird. I don't use Office; I use OpenOffice.org."



Here are some other great open source apps I use on Windows:"
for his list, visit Scott's blog.

No comments: